We are looking for a full-time Pharmacy Assistant in Amherstburg (Windsor area), Ontario.
This is a retail, addiction (up to 40 patients) and specialty compounding pharmacy. They also do a large volume of blister packing.
Hours are Mon-Fri 9-6, Sat 9-2. Wage is based on experience. They work in a group setting with other healthcare practitioners in a health care complex.
Measures the pharmacy has taken in response to COVID-19:
They are a closed-door facility at the moment. They have delivery service as well as drive-thru drop off and pick up. They text or call patients when it’s ready and they come back and grab at the drive-thru window.
- Ensures that patient information is current and up to date
- Processes prescriptions through entering, billing, filling and delivery to the patient
- Maintains an organized team-work flow in the pharmacy
- Pleasantly greets patients paying attention to their specific needs
- Sterilizes and maintains cleanliness in the dispensary
- Ensures that pharmacy supplies and medication inventory is maintained
- Respects and maintains patient confidentiality
- Maintains and promotes good relationships with patients
- Generate reports as required and necessary
- Knowledge of Pharmaclik Rx software
- Knowledge of blister packs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work independently and within the team
- Need to be detailed oriented and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work productively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a pharmacy
If this doesn’t work for you, but you know of anyone that may be interested, please let us know or pass along our information so they can contact us right away. We are happy to provide referral compensation for successful referrals. You can provide us their information, or alternatively you can have them contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.